Thursday, January 17, 2008

24) Jamaican Bracer

2 oz. Mount Gay Rum
.5 oz. Grand Marnier
.5 oz. Simple Syrup
1/2 lime - quartered

In an Old Fashioned glass muddle the hell out the lime and simple syrup. Add the rest of the ingredients and fill the glass held way with ice. Roll the drink between the building glass and another Old Fashioned glass 6 times. Garnish with a flamed orange peel.

This one came about as Ed was thinking about entering a drink contest calling for a Nevan and three Grand Marnier drinks. I was thinking kind of sort of Caipirinha with the muddling of the half lime as the base (of sorts). The final result was incredibly refreshing. Ed and I almost immediately declared it a fantastic summer drink (I know it's winter, but that's just how we roll). Surprising was that the Rum played somewhat second fiddle to the citrus and the orange of the Grand Marnier, but not in the sense that the Rum was washed out of the drink. I must say, however, that the temptation to try this drink with dozens of other Rum's is kind of working into my brain.

I'm pretty sure this post should be a bit more in depth but I'm currently paying the price for a rather kick-ass trip to Slanted Door yesterday and am feeling lethargic. Which is totally different from hung over. Yup.

Comments always welcome or feel free to e-mail us at drinkaweek [at] gmail [dot] com.

No comments: